Try Out These Rosemary Pistachio Cookies Before Winter’s Over!!!
January 24, 2016
From “tinywino” on Epicurious:
I tried a pistachio butter cookie somewhere and I really wanted to make some of my own. Instead of being crispy and light I wanted them to be soft and chewy like a chocolate chip cookie. I also wanted to experiment with Rosemary, and these babies were born.
- Aprox 60
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (muddled in a mortar & pestle)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dry roasted pistachio nutmeats
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add honey in a continuous stream while mixing on low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Add the Rosemary from the mortar & pestle. Mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment paper & baking sheets. BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.